Re: Problem with Konsole

Le Jeu 2 mai 2013 21:03, Stephen P. Molnar a écrit :
> 64 bit Debian Testing/XFCE.
>

> When I open a console an untitled X File Window opens.  This just
> started today and I don't have a clue as to what is going on.
>
> It is rather annoying because I don't get a prompt in the console until
> I close this unwanted app.
>

> Does anyone have an idea as to what is going on here and how I can fix
> the problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Did you made an update before? If yes, an easy solution is to go back to
the old version of the software which is giving you problems.

If it does not solve the problem, it is probably because you have a
configuration file which mess your system in $HOME. Try with another user
to check it, if the behavior disappear, then it is certain.
When you know if it is a user-specific problem, you will need to find
which configuration file is the problem. I guess you could try to start by
removing Konsole's configuration files first (or just move them, in case
it does not solve the problem, so that you could restore them then)

I also noticed that you speak about using Konsole on XFCE. I guess you
have your reasons, but since it is not solved, maybe you could use
xfce4-terminal?