Re: gtk-config

On 2013-05-01 15:05 +0200, andrey.rybak@bilkent.edu.tr wrote:

>> ,----
>> | The package name specified on the pkg-config command line is defined to
>> | be the name of the metadata file, minus the .pc extension.
>> `----
>>
> pardon!
> of course it should be without extension "pc". I had removed "pc" and now
> everything is ok!
>> For Multi-Arch, so that multiple instances of libgtk-3-dev are
>> coinstallable.
> ok but how does system know about this directory?

"dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_MULTIARCH" if you have dpkg-dev, or
"gcc -print-multiarch" if you have gcc.

> default place for "*.pc" files is  /usr/lib/pkgconfig/ and PKG_CONFIG_PATH
> variable is not set in my case. How does pkg-config can find gtk+-3.0.pc
> file?

Debian's pkg-config version is configured to include the multiarch
directory in the default search path.  Take a look at debian/rules in
the pkg-config source package.

For more information about multiarch, take a look at
http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch and the links there.

Cheers,
       Sven