Re: Wheezy/Xfce Gnome keyring problem

On 20131230_150423, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Paul E Condon wrote:
> > p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> >
> > This message seems to be a warning, because CUPS prints the file
> > immediately and correctly. But I would like to remove or suppress this
> > message, and can't find directions for doing so. Where should I look?
> > Or is there a simple trick that I can be taught?
>
> That file is part of the gnome-keyring package.
>
> > PS. I do use gnome-terminal as my favorite terminal emulator so gnome
> > is not truly and completely purged, but I know from what I report
> > above that I don't really need the keyring part.
>
> The path of least resistance then would seem to be to install
> gnome-keyring to include that file.  If it existed then you wouldn't
> get the error any longer.  YMMV.
>
> Bob

I installed gnome-keyring and it pulled in several other packages. With these
installed the warning message changes to:

WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /home/pec/.cache/keyring-2pdgHe/pkcs11: No such file or directory

If I simply put an empty file at this place the the directory tree,
the message changes to:

WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /home/pec/.cache/keyring-2pdgHe/pkcs11: Connection refused

I think I need to create a file that has some meanful content, but
what should that be?

Advice and help, please.

--
Paul E Condon