Re: GRUB Menu Problems After Reinstalling Windows

Scott Ferguson wrote:
> Muntasim-Ul-Haque wrote:
> > I dual-booted Debian with Windows. I reinstalled my Windows and now the
> > GRUB menu does not appear. How can I fix this without reinstalling
> > Debian again?
> > With thanks,
> > Muntasim-Ul-Haque
>
> Use the rescue option on the installation CD/DVD
>
> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch08s07.html.en

Yes.  For slightly more information there are recent postings about
how to use rescue mode.  (Full disclosure: This is one of mine.)

Use rescue mode to get to the menu item "Execute a shell in
/dev/...".  That will get you a root shell on your previous system.
At that point install grub again.  Probably this but inspect and use
the appropriate for your system.

  grub-install /dev/sda

Bob