Re: Packages removed from testing

On 2013-12-30 10:58 +0100, Slavko wrote:

> Hi,
>
> please, it is some time ago, when some packages was removed from
> testing. I wait some time, because this sometime happens due
> dependencies, but now it take long time and i am not able to find the
> reason (qa pages, hint, etc...).

Usually you will find the reason on the qa page which contains links
to the RC bug(s) of these packages.  Leaf packages with RC bugs have
been automatically removed[1] from testing for some time.

> Can please someone tell me more about
> these packages:
>
> galternatives
> gdisk
> gnu-fdisk
> hwinfo
>
> Was these replaced by another packages?

No.

> Or i need to forget them and find replacements, please?

You can continue using them if you don't find them too buggy.  As for
replacements, I would like to know them as well.

Cheers,
       Sven

1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2013/09/msg00006.html