FYI NVidia guide to improve performance and stability on Debian

Hi,

Because i've had my share of 'blues' with NVidia on Debian i've compiled
a guide which documents what i believe to be a permanent fix for many
issues.

http://www.oxitech.info/helpdesk/nvidia.html

Basically, the below resolves most if not all troubles.

	1. set nomodeset as a boot parameter in /etc/default/grub
	2. do not initialise your screen into a graphical mode ( no vga=
option ) at boot

There is a somewhat detailed and hopefully correct explanation on the
page.

I have the impression the latest driver from NVidia is more performant
and stable as well. So i've installed that one. I'm not motivated to
stick with the current version as right now my machine works like a dream
since the past few hours.

Let me know if the guide works for you.

Best Regards,

J.