testiing and sid

1]  My apologies to those who noted that I was sending HTML emails.  Thunderbird is on the computer with no X windows. When I fix that computer the HTML emails will be a thing of the past.

2] In reference to fixing the the computer with the broken X windows, would it be reasonable to load testing on another hard drive, and then copy the appropriate directories from the broken distribution?  If it OK, which  directories should I copy?  Any precautions?

TIA

Ethan