Re: Collecting information after installation

On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 12:01:52 -0700 Bob Proulx sent:

> Yes.  Between util-linux 2.17.2-9 and 2.20.1-4 getty has changed and
> it now clears the screen.  This seems like a good thing on the surface
> until you find out that it destroys the boot time messages including
> any errors that are on the screen at the time.  To prevent this a new
> option --noclear has appeared.  Editing the /etc/inittab to add the
> --noclear option to getty will prevent the new screen clearing
> behavior and allow the error messages there to be seen.
>
>     1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty --noclear 38400 tty1

Thank you Bob.

I also didn't like all that information suddenly disappearing before my
eyes before I log in. But didn't know how to do that.

You have helped me with your advice. Much better.

Thank you,
Charlie

    --
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	Drugs are marvellous if you want to escape, but reality is so
	rich, why escape? - Geraldine Chaplin