Re: Copy and Paste between xterm and other windows in a Debian XFCE environment

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 7:53 PM, Stephen Powell <zlinuxman@wowway.com> wrote:

> I am having trouble copying text from an xterm window into another application,
> such as iceweasel, and vice versa. When I was using GNOME, this worked fine
> between gnome-terminal and other applications. But I'm using XFCE now, and
> xterm seems to be the default terminal emulator application under XFCE.
>
> Before you tell me that "Google is my friend", or some other trite brush-off
> saying, let me tell you that I have done my homework on this. I have searched
> the internet. I have learned about the difference between the PRIMARY buffer
> and the CLIPBOARD buffer, I have learned about settings to put in .Xdefaults,
> etc. But none of the techniques I have found work for me. I use a traditional
> PS/2 mouse. It has two, and only two, mouse buttons. It has no thumbwheel.
>
> Has anyone succeeded in getting this to work in a Debian XFCE environment?

1) What did you try in ".Xresources"? Did you merge the new
resource(s) via xrdb after setting it(them)?

I use "XTerm*VT100.translations: #override <Btn1Up>:
select-end(PRIMARY, CLIPBOARD, CUT_BUFFER0)".

2) OT: I don't use XFCE but isn't xfce4-terminal its default terminal?