install debian on usb stick

Hi,

Tuto : http://verahill.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/361-installing-debian-on-usb-stick-from.html

I try to install deby on a stick but I have this warning message whatever action I do :

###################################
sudo fdisk /dev/sdd

WARNING: DOS-compatible mode is deprecated. It's strongly recommended to
switch off the mode (command 'c') and change display units to
sectors (command 'u').

Command (m for help): u
Changing display/entry units to sectors

Command (m for help): c
DOS Compatibility flag is not set

Command (m for help): w
The partition table has been altered!

Calling ioctl() to re-read partition table.
Syncing disks.

I tried to continue with the install but the usb stick won't boot, even
if everything went well, except for the warning, which means as I found
somegooglewhere, that the device won't boot.

Any idea ?

--
“One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.”
“Le vrai n'est pas plus sûr que le probable.”

                                              Diogene Laerce