sound problems after upgrade

Hi,

I have a testing box, kernel 3.2.0-3-amd64, using KDE. After an upgrade earlier this week, I am having problems with sound. The system is an MSI 760GM-P23 motherboard with onboard RealTek ALC887, and sound has always worked fine previously.

The problem is that there is no sound output from Amarok, or when I try to test the various sound devices from the KDE system config window. Sound works fine in VLC, however.

I have phonon configured to use the VLC-phonon backend; pulseaudio is not installed.

How can I determine where the problem is, or which package is broken? Thanks.

-Chris

| Christopher Judd, Ph. D. |

| Research Scientist III |

| NYS Dept. of Health judd@wadsworth.org |