Re: Debian Wheezy Compromised - www-data user is sending 1000 emails an hour

On 12/11/2013 06:57 PM, Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
I run my own site, and I do have postfix, apache, wordpress, and moinmoin
installed. www-data is sending 100s of emails a minute. Either wordpress or
moinmoin is compromised? How do I debug to find out where is the problem?

I suggest that you shut down the machine immediately, pull all the drives, take images, put them into another machine, mount them, and start analyzing the contents.

David