Re: nautilus -> spacefm

On 12/10/2013 12:38 PM, Tixy wrote:
On Mon, 2013-12-09 at 16:25 +0000, Sharon Kimble wrote:
On Mon, 9 Dec 2013 15:03:33 +0000
Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@talktalk.net> wrote:

I'm trying to move over to spacefm from nautilus because it automounts
my usb drives and kindle, but I've hit a snag. I occasionally need to
mount a partition via shfs of my website on a remote server, but I
cant see how to do that in spacefm. Can anyone help me please?

Answering my own question, neither pcmanfm nor spacefm could do it, but
thunar can. The first two also didn’t show hidden files [think
'.foobar'] but thunar can, so I'm moving over to thunar as it, so far
at least, does everything that I've asked of it.

Thunar can -
* automount usb drives,

pcmanfm can do that, in pcmanfm it's a tickbox under the 'Volume
Management' tab of the Preferences menu.

* mount sftp drives,

pcmanfm can do that, if you have gnome vfs packages installed
(gvfs-backends and gvfs-fuse I beleive).

* show hidden files,

pcmanfm do that, it's the 'Show Hidden' option in the 'view' menu, and
it will remember you're last preference for that setting.

And I would expect other file managers to also support these things.

	Have you checked out Nemo? It aims to be what Nautilus was...
http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com/?p=198

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818