Re: Some objections (was Re: Package Request)

Chris Bannister writes:
 > On Sat, Dec 07, 2013 at 10:14:24PM +0100, Gian Uberto Lauri wrote:
 > > Commands are usually bound to keys on a mnemonic basis (problem:
 > > mnemonic but in English only), with many command operating on
 > > character, word or paragraph according to the use of Control, Meta
 > > (aka Alt) or both.
 >
 > Exactly! This makes it impossible to drink a cup/mug of coffee whilst
 > using the keyboard. Whereas with vim you can drink coffee *and* enjoy a
 > coffee at the same time.

Not this true. M-x costs as much as shift-x and requires a single
hand. I would like to know how vi should allow a right-handed person
to drink a coffee and type shift-p more easily than Emacs.

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO