Re: Debianly Correct place to add ~/bin to $PATH ?

On 12/09/2013 11:15 AM, Paul E Condon wrote:
I've just done a fresh netinst of Wheezy ...
I see the file ~/.profile . It contains code that tests for the
existence of ~/bin/ and adds it to $PATH , if it exists.  But it
doesn't 'work'. ...
I used the CD that installs Xfce for i386 ...

You need to configure Terminal to run as a login shell:

1.  Start Terminal

2.  Right click in the terminal screen area and choose Preferences.

3.  On the General tab under Command, check "Run command as login shell".

4.  Close terminal.

5.  Start terminal.

6.  Check your path (e.g. 'echo $PATH').

HTH,

David