Postfix - run script from email

Hi, list,

I have a squeezy VPS, running Postfix to handle all my mail, plus
several virtual users, with which I'm entirely satisfied.

I also have a number of remote, normally unattended, locations, with
dynamic IPs, containing IP cameras to keep an eye on things. I'm not
able to access/change the camera firmware. These cameras send me an
email if their IP changes, containing the new IP address.

Up to now, I've been manually extracting the IP from the incoming mail
(on my workstation), and plugging it into a nsupdate script, to update
bind on the VPS, so that I can access the camera(s) from anywhere on the
net.

So far, so good, but what I'd really like to do is intercept the
incoming email on the VPS, and automatically run a script to do the update.

There's an awful lot of information about postscript on the web, even
some articles that look like potential answers, but googling about has
not been fruitful. In particular, there appear to be problems with
priveleges. Naturally, I don't want to do anything that upsets mail
delivery to the virtual users. Maybe I didn't use the right search terms.

Longer term, I'll install raspberry Pis on the remote networks to
automatically send an nsupdate to the server on IP change, but in the
interim, I'd like to automate the manual process above.

Does anyone know how to attach some sort of filter/trigger to postfix to
cause a script to be run on incoming mail with particular conditions,
or would anyone like to suggest a better solution?

Cheers, Tony
--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |