Re: Remove root access from folder/directory

On 05/12/13 17:01, Muntasim-Ul-Haque wrote:
> Hi,
> I've unzipped a folder and it became root protected. The folder icon is
> showing a lock sign. Now that, I cannot copy/move this folder in any
> other place. What can I do now? How can I move/copy this folder to other
> places? How to remove root access from this folder?
> With thanks,
> Muntasim-Ul-Haque

Presuming the directory is beneath directories owned by you, otherwise
move it to somewhere you own

to change ownership (unlock):-
# chown -R $me:$me $lockedDirectory

Where # means as root
$me is your username
$lockedDirectory

e.g.

# chown -R scott:scott /home/scott/somedirectory/somedirectory

I'm guessing it's not beneath directories owned by you or you'd be able
to copy it... to cp $lockedDirectory/* you'll need to run as root *and*
copy it somewhere beneath /home/$me

Kind regards