Re: Getting apt-cdrom to work

On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 21:56:37 -0500
Brian Sammon <debian-users-list@brisammon.fastmail.fm> wrote:

> I'm trying to get apt to install packages from a Debian 7.0.0 CD (just
> disc 1) I made a while ago.

So, it turns out that was apt was looking in varying places for the CD mount point.  Sometimes it was looking in /media/apt, and sometimes it was looking in /media/cdrom .  If the CD wasn't mounted when I did the apt-get, it would get mounted on /media/apt.

running apt with
   -o Debug::Acquire::cdrom="true"
caused it to tell me where it was looking for the CD-ROM.

I made /media/cdrom be a symlink to /media/apt and the problem went away.

This is probably not the best solution, but I only needed it to work for a day.