Re: 0.7.46 changelog: Change /run/network ownership to root:netdev.

>   I don't understand that entry.  Should I have /run/network group

> set to netdev?  Should I have a netdev group somewhere?  Is there a
> bug?

You do not need to do anything.

At boot, the 'network' in /run is supposed to have its ownership
changed from root:root to root:netdev by /etc/init.d/networking.
Some machines did not have the group called "netdev" on their
machine (it is a system group, and was only being created if
certain packages were installed) and a warning was being shown
at boot time.

This change makes the warning go away on machines that were
affected.

HTH,
Dave W.