Re: Share VPN connection

On 30/11/2013 19:32, François Fayard wrote:

I would like to use my computer to share a VPN connection. On Debian 7.2 :

- I get my internet connection from eth1
- I am connecting to a VPN (I am using Strong VPN)
- I share my internet connection using eth0

Then, when I connect to the VPN, everything works well on my Debian system. But the internet is not shared anymore. For information, here is the result of ifconfig :

[snipped the ifconfig listing when VPN is up]

Might the default route need to point to the VPN, instead of the physical eth0 IP address? I'm not expert on VPNs at all, but I have encountered routing problems in LANs with multiple uplinks and gateways, which might be somewhat similar to this situation.

What does
# route
say when the VPN is up?

Just a thought; I may be off the track here, but could be worth a check.

regards, Ron