Re: A rookie's query: Want to about Debian and the related

On Thursday 28 November 2013 15:43:55 AP wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 4:21 AM, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > The easiest, though not the only, solution is to use Gmail with
> > an email client via IMAP or POP3.  I use KMail.  I have clients
> > using Icedove (Thunderbird).
>
> So with KMail can we read the mails offline too? (Only the mails
> which have been read once online)....

I use POP3.  The emails download just as they would from any
mailserver.  I then read, reply, edit etc. my emails off-line.  With
the difference that Gmail archives my emails as soon as I have
downloaded them, instead of deleting them.

I rarely read my emails online.  When I do, they still download when I
next launch KMail.

I reply online as rarely as possible.  I like a comfortable life!

IMAP is also possible.  This is standard IMAP, just as POP3 is quite
normal, as far as I can see.

Have a look on Gmail at settings etc. and see what Google says about
this.

Lisi