Re: A rookie's query: Want to about Debian and the related

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 09:53:00PM +0530, AP wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 6:07 PM, Catalin Soare
> <lolinux.soare@gmail.com> wrote:> Hello there!
>
> > Then, come back to Debian. Unless you choose any testing or non-stable
> > variants, you will notice that it truly is stable and once setup, things
> > Just Work (TM).
>
> Stable in what sense. Means we don't need to install anything again for years?

Yep, that's pretty much on the nail! Although, it is around three years
on average, as the testing distribution becomes the new stable.

Of course, there is backports, but some would argue that then, by
definition, you are no longer running a stable system.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X