Re: Toshiba Satellite U940

On 27/11/13 20:19, ha wrote:
> Anybody tried installing Debian on Toshiba Satellite U940?
> Any know issues?
> I cannot find much information on the net.
> I can see that some Toshiba laptops are not very Deban-frendly
> (https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Toshiba), so I wonder...
>
> Thanks to anybody who cares.

Sorry - haven't used that series.

I guess you've seen this brief guide to UEFI and that model for Debian:-
http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Windows-8-8-1/Install-Debian-7-1-on-Ultrabook-U940/td-p/488225#

You 'may' have issues with the keyboard backlights:-
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=123184

Otherwise I'd take the lack of posts as an indication that installing
Debian is not difficult.

I'd try a live Debian first to see what's supported, then tackle the
UEFI and installation. You might also consider installing to a USB stick
until you have any wrinkles ironed out (depending on how important
keyboard backlighting is).

Kind regards.