Re: Read clipboard?

xclipboard might also be what you're looking for.

rather xclip no ? ;)

No, it's called xclipboard. You may be thinking of something else.

My bad : /xclipboard, a tool to manage cut-and-pasted text selections/

is part of the x11-apps package when xclip is a package by itself :

/ xclip is a command line utility that is designed to run on any system with an X11 implementation. It provides an interface to X selections ("the clipboard")
from the command line. It can read data from standard in or a file and place
it in an X selection for pasting into other X applications. xclip can also
print an X selection to standard out, which can then be redirected to a file
or another program./

Actually I'm not sure which one is the most relevant for his purpose.

--
“One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.”
“Le vrai n'est pas plus sûr que le probable.”

                                              Diogene Laerce