Re: does grub support wireless keyboard?

On 22/11/13 16:01, Long Wind wrote:
> another question: how to find out if my PC support USB keyboard?
> does grub support USB keyboard?
> if it support USB KB, does that mean it support wireless keyboard?

No.
That happens in user space (after GRUB). GRUB uses BIOS for keyboard
support and I suspect your BIOS doesn't do bluetooth.

I have a bluetooth Apple keyboards and meece on several Wheezy boxen.
The initial configuration was done with a standard PS/2 keyboard and
mouse or with ssh (pre-seeded install).

> I am considering logitech wireless keyboard
> I am running wheezy
> Thanks!

# apt-get install bluetooth bluez-utils blueman (you may also require
"bluez-firmware")

Check if your Bluetooth dongle is recognized

$ lsusb

Make your keyboard and mouse discoverable.
Note the MAC address (e.g. 01:AB:01:01:A1:01)

$ hcitool scan

Pair the device/s.
When requested, type the pin then press ENTER. E.g. pairing a keyboard,
type the PIN you entered then press ENTER on the keyboard you are
pairing. For the mouse also type the PIN (when requested) and hit ENTER.

$ bluez-simple-agent hci0 01:AB:01:01:A1:01  (example, replace with the
appropriate MAC)
Trust the device

$ bluez-test-device trusted 01:AB:01:01:A1:01 yes (example, replace with
the appropriate MAC)

Connect and wait a tick or two....

$ bluez-test-input connect 01:AB:01:01:A1:01 (example, replace with the
appropriate MAC)

Rinse and repeat until done

NOTES: if you use KDE the blueman gives you bluetooth-agent for CLI and
bluedevil for GUI configuration of Bluetooth. If you have any problems
your boxes bluetooth may be hidden in which case see:-
https://wiki.debian.org/BluetoothUser (may be out-of-date)

Kind regards