autostart for users

Hello,

I want to give users the possbility to autostart programms on boot. My first idea would be to put a line like that in /etc/rc.local

[ -x /home/flindner/autostart ] && su flindner -c "/home/flindner/autostart"

Probably something like that would be better:

[ -x /home/cburchard/autostart ] && su cburchard -c "/home/cburchard/autostart &"

So that a blocking script does not block the rc.local file. Should I also add a nohup? Or another way?

Thanks,
Florian