Re: Finding pertinent inforation on WEB

On Tuesday, November 19, 2013 12:45:53 PM Richard Owlett wrote:
> Linux-Fan wrote:
> > Also, you can google "GNU Info Pages online" without quotes. I just
> > found http://linux.about.com/od/lts_guide/a/gdelts69t02.htm by entering
> > that query which also suggests the first page I have mentioned.
> >
> > HTH
> > Linux-Fan
>
> You are right on so many counts ;)
>
> I was looking, this time, for information on GRUB. I had done a
> half dozen Google searches, but with poor choice of keywords.

I've found that searching for 'man topic' takes me right to many pages with
topic's manuals. linux.die.net, tldp.net, and even man.cx now, are a few other
typical sites.

I've also found that info pages on debian often have nothing more than the
respective man page, and man pages often contain cursory information.
Sometimes I think it should be a bug to have a useless man page in place.