Re: Wich port should I use for Xeon E3-1230v2 processor ?

John Ostrowski:

> I recently bought Dell PowerEdge T110 II with  Intel Xeon E3-1230v2
> Processor (3.3GHz, 4C/8T, 8M Cache).
> I don't know which port I should use.

If you used the wrong port your system wouldn't boot. AMD64 is fine for
any non-Itanium CPU from Intel.

> At the moment I am using Debian 7.1.0 AMD64 and I have serious issue.
> Desktop keeps locking all the time. I can move mouse but system does
> not react.

Check /´var/log/syslog and /var/log/Xorg.0.log.

J.
--
The houses of parliament make me think of school bullies.
[Agree]   [Disagree]