Re: Copy buffer from a script

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Lukas Erlacher
<lists+debian@lerlacher.de> wrote:
> On 11.11.2013 00:42, shawn wilson wrote:
>> That gives me the X clipboard buffer, which seems to be a different buffer.
>
> There are three buffers. You're looking for the keyboard buffer, which is the primary buffer and used by default.
> Please read the manpage.

 % xclip -o -sel secondary
 % xclip -o -sel primary
http://www.daycounter.com/Calculators/Decibels-Calculator.phtml%
 % xclip -o -sel clipboard
http://www.daycounter.com/Calculators/Decibels-Calculator.phtml%

There was (before I copied this) an ip address in one of the
clipboards. I even tried selecting something else and those two
clipboards aren't changing.