Re: Change preferred interface for default gateway?

Am Sonntag, 10. November 2013, 10:26:01 schrieb Tyler MacDonald:
> Hi! It's been awhile. :-)
>
> When I am on wireless and plug into a wired connection, my wireless default
> route is dropped when the default route for the wired connection is added.
> It seems wired is always preferred over wireless.
>
> Is there any way to reverse this behavior? Or even better, make it depend
> on *which* wireless/wired connections I am connected to?
>
> Some googling turns up ifplugd, but that isn't installed on my system -- so
> I'm curious what the mechanism is that deletes my default route from wlan3.
>
>     Thanks,
>           Tyler

Hi Tyler,
I think, it depends on, if you are using network-manager or wicd. For myself I
am using wicd which in my case is working better than network-manager.

Rermeber: network-manager is only working, if /etc/network/interfaces is NOT
configured, whilst wicd is working with it.

I guess, you will have to test, which way is better for your needs.

Good luck!

Hans