Re: Why Debian

Hi,

Dňa Sun, 10 Nov 2013 14:46:27 +0100 berenger.morel@neutralite.org
napísal:

> Le 08.11.2013 18:57, Alberto Salvia Novella a écrit :
> > Note: Since I'm not subscribed to this mailing list at the moment,
> > please send also a copy to my email when replying.
>
> I think that if you had added yourself in the cc field, people using
> "reply to all" as we usually do on mailing list (I think) would have
> automatically included you to the receivers list.

No, you aren't right. I am always frustrated, when i get two copies of
the same mail (one direct and one via ML). Especially, if someone is
using gmail and similar services, which don't respect the email's
privacy (i mean not only NSA collaboration here, but abusing email's
content for own business).

The MLs are here to communicate via them. If anybody is not subscribed,
then ask for CC is base way do get the responses. Please, do not use
the Reply to All, or use MUA, which can identify MLs and post replies
only to ML or provides some type of the command for this.

The CC behavior is mentioned in this ML rules
(http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/index.en.html):

"When replying to messages on the mailing list, do not send a carbon
copy (CC) to the original poster unless they explicitly request to be
copied."

And please, don't correct people, which are doing things in good manier.

regards

--
Slavko
http://slavino.sk