Different weird update by apt-get and aptitude

Hello,

I have a virtual server with a minimal debian wheezy image provided by the
hoster.

Right after setup of the image:

root@xxx:~# aptitude full-upgrade
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used.

but apt-get

root@xxx:~# apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  upstart
  e2fsprogs libss2 sysvinit
0 upgraded, 3 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 1175 kB of archives.
After this operation, 1680 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.

Why do aptitude and apt-get give different answers?

If I approve the updates it renders the virtual server inoperable. Sorry for
being confused but why is upstart installed in the first place? It also seem to
be used:
# service cron status: [ ok ] cron is running.

Is the image from my hoster broken or is it my debian knowledge?

Regards,
Florian