Re: Disable gjs-console

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 5:43 PM, Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hi.
>
> On Wed, 6 Nov 2013 15:16:55 +0100
> Dan <ganchya@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Some times the program gjs-console from gnome3 takes 100% of my CPU.
>> That is quite annoying. I have no idea what gjs-console does. I have
>> disabled the gnome tracker from the start-up applications.
>
> This seems to be a variation of
>

>> Does anybody have an idea of how to disable gjs-console?
>
> This is a dirty hack, but should work:
>
> dpkg-statoverride --update --add root root 0644 /usr/bin/gjs-console
> pkill -9 -f gjs-console
>
> To revert this change, use:
>
> dpkg-statoverride --update --remove /usr/bin/gjs-console
>

>> What is the purpose of that program/daemon?
>
> Please read an output of 'apt-cache show gjs'.
> My guess is - some kind of debugging tool. Personally, I don't trust
> nor use any DE written in javascript.
>
> Reco

Thanks a lot,

I do not understand your command dpkg-statoverride --update --remove
/usr/bin/gjs-console

This is the process that takes 100% of the CPU
/usr/bin/gjs-console -I /usr/share/gnome-documents/js -c const
SearchProvider = imports.shellSearchProvider; SearchProvider.start();

The problem is related to gnome-documents which I think is a kind of crawler:
 GNOME Documents is a standalone application to find, organize and
view your documents.

I tried to remove gnome-documents but gnome depends on gnome-documents.

The solution will be to create a script that is executed in the
startup of gnome and does a killall gjs-console.

Dan