Problem understanding/using dpkg-scanpackages

I tried to ask this in another thread. But I raised too many question in one post.

I do not have high speed internet. Therefore I purchase complete DVD sets. I am doing multiple clean installs to determine my "optimum" solution. Shuffling DVDs became a pain. I set aside a partition for myown repository. I copied the /dists and /pool directories from all DVDs in the distribution set to that partition - it is mounted as /media/repo6. {I'm working on my Squeeze machine at the moment. Eventually I'll dual boot Wheezy and Squeeze. Then I'll add another repository partition mounted as /media/repo7 etc. Later they will be on an external 1 TB drive.}

My problem with the dpkg-scanpackages man pages is that I don't seem to be able to apply it correctly to my situation.

Directory structure is:
/media/repo6/dists/squeeze/contrib/binary-i386
/media/repo6/dists/squeeze/contrib/binary-i386/release
/media/repo6/dists/squeeze/main
/media/repo6/dists/squeeze/main/binary-i386
/media/repo6/dists/squeeze/main/binary-i386/release
/media/repo6/pool
/media/repo6/pool/squeeze
/media/repo6/pool/squeeze/contrib
/media/repo6/pool/squeeze/contrib/... {directories containing deb files}
/media/repo6/pool/squeeze/main
/media/repo6/pool/squeeze/main/...	{directories containing deb files}

I need appropriate Packages.gz under
/media/repo6/dists/squeeze/contrib/binary-i386
and
/media/repo6/dists/squeeze/main/binary-i386 .

I also need appropriate lines to add to sources.list .

I started at
https://wiki.debian.org/HowToSetupADebianRepository#dpkg-scanpackages_and_dpkg-scansources
pointing to http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/repository-howto/repository-howto.en.html
which has two problems:
  1. Its title labels it as "Obsolete Documentation"
  2. I can't figure how to apply what it says to my case.
It comes closer to my case than what I've found using Google to search for dpkg-scanpackages "tutorials"/"How-To".