SOLVED - was Re: custom fixed terminal font testing

On 10/30/13, Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:
> On 9/8/13, Nick Croft <n@xjcs.org> wrote:
>> * Zenaan Harkness (zen@freedbms.net) wrote:
>>> So I've customized fixed-misc 6x10 font to create fixed-zen-6x10 font
>>> and xfontsel does not show my font.
>>>
>>> Of course, I want to load an xterm with my funky font changes.
>>> Anyone know what step I am missing?
>>
>> Could it be something simple like reload the xserver?
>
> Finally got to restart X yesterday (been having to suspend only till
> now). Does not seem to help.
>
> $ fc-list|egrep -i zen
> /home/justa/.fonts/FixedZen-10-ISO10646.pcf.gz: Zen:style=Regular

I think (not sure yet) that X restart was needed, but ...

> And I am running:
> uxterm -fn FixedZen

There is another font specifying option which is needed in this case:

xterm -fa Zen

ie the "-fa" rather than "-fn" option gives the desired font! Combine
with "+bdc" to disable bold characters.

Success!

Thanks all,
Zenaan