sd card not detected

Hi All,

A card inserted into card reader is not mounted automatically and even doesn't shown up in the dmesg output, but if I switch off and on the monitor with cardreader or run lshw the card appears and is mounted.

the same happens with the second card reader in the pc. ( one is in monitor, second in the computer itself)

other usb devices work fine.

The hci/usb modules:

lsmod | egrep "hci|usb_storage"
usb_storage            39406  0
ehci_pci               12432  0
ohci_hcd               22150  0
ehci_hcd               35820  1 ehci_pci
scsi_mod              131001  5 sg,usb_storage,libata,sd_mod,sr_mod
usbcore 110348 8 snd_usb_audio,uvcvideo,usb_storage,ohci_hcd,snd_usbmidi_lib,ehci_hcd,ehci_pci,usbhid

The system is jessie, kernel: 3.10-3-686-pae

Something must be missing, but I really wonder what, as far as I understand hardware detection is kind of kernel feature..

Thank you,
Alex