Re: Unknown script command ??

John W. Foster wrote:
> This is causing a error on one of my servers during a file import.
> Likely being called by a script (that I didn't write).
> any Ideas?
>
> sh: /usr/bin/pl

apt-file returns no hits matching that filename in the Debian archive.

  apt-file search /usr/bin/pl | grep /usr/bin/pl$

Are you running something expecting prolog there?

I would be inclined to create a script /usr/bin/pl to capture the call
and record it.

  #!/bin/sh
  # Install as /usr/bin/pl
  exec >>/var/tmp/pl.trace.out 2>&1 # redirect all output there.
  echo ================
  date -R
  echo Begin ps -efH dump
  ps -efH
  echo End ps -efH dump
  echo PID:$$
  echo Begin env dump
  env
  echo End env dump
  exit 42

You get the idea.  Dump whatever system state would clue into what
other process is calling that script.  I suspect there will be enough
clues in there to identify the offending caller.

Typo?  Prolog?  Other?

Bob