Re: apt-get aptitude dependencies purge

Le 31.10.2013 12:12, Tom H a écrit :
On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 10:44 AM, <berenger.morel@neutralite.org> wrote:

It seems that even suggested packages are not automatically removed (at least with aptitude), which I think was not the same as when I started using
Debian.

I just discovered this because I marked mpd as automatically installed, and it was kept, while I only have packages suggesting it. I then removed it and took a look at recommended packages not installed (to double check), and it
was definitely not here.

I wonder if there is a way to fix that, if it is managed by aptitude/apt-get
or by dpkg itself...

Check "apt-conf dump" for "Aptitude::Keep-Suggests". It's set to
"false" by default.

It seems the command is apt-config dump. And there are no "Keep-Suggests" here:

$ apt-config dump|grep -i suggest
APT::Install-Suggests "0";