Re: Choosing default OS in multi boot system

On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:48:55 AM Richard Owlett wrote:
> Don't know if I'd call Grub2 bloated, but Grub-legacy was friendlier.

Maybe not bloated, but grub2 was certainly broken the last time I tried it.
Specifically, (1) when I installed a system using grub2, it would install on
the first drive it found grub on, never mind that I told it to install to a
different drive. (2) I could never get it to work on an ISO, a thumb drive
with the contents of the ISO (but not an ISO FS) and a hard drive. 3-4 weeks I
spent building, testing, debugging. I gave up and went back to grub legacy.
Four hours later I had it working as desired. If grub2 has improved in the
past couple years (sounds like it hasn't), I'll eventually look at it again;
if it hasn't, my system will remain with grub legacy (built with the huge
RedHat patchset and a few of my own bug fixes).