Debian setup for python django development

Hi all,

I have been trying to set up a python, django, mysql development project and am really confused. All of the documentation seems to ignore the apt-get installation methods used by ebian and its derivatives. Does pip install the same as Aptitude ( I don't think so). If I use virtualenvwrapper, how does this fit with the normal debian (wheezy) installation. I also need git which just confuses the situation even more. The documentation centers on Windoz and Mac and ignores the automation of the Debian installation.

If this is off topic please point me in the right direction.

Any help with straightening out my brain in this areal will be sincerely appreciated.

Gary R.