Re: audacity export wma format[1 more question]

On Thu, 24 Oct 2013 11:24:07 +0200, François Patte <francois.patte@mi.parisdescartes.fr> wrote:

Le 24/10/2013 00:15, Ralf Mardorf a écrit :
On Thu, 2013-10-24 at 00:03 +0200, François Patte wrote:
It seems that debian version of audacity is compiled without FFmepg
supports, is that true? and why?

Perhaps because Debian prefers libav over ffmpeg.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libav#Fork_from_FFmpeg

And does libav allows to export files in wma format?

A you serious?

Is it to much work for you to read the wiki yourself?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libav#Implemented_video_codecs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libav#Implemented_audio_codecs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libav#Formats
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libav#Protocols

Btw. I'm not interested to participate to an "objective" discussion that includes Adolf Hitler.

From this Wiki:

"The Libav project is a fork of the FFmpeg project which was originally started by Fabrice Bellard[3] (using the pseudonym "Gerard Lantau"). The Libav project was announced on March 13, 2011 by a group of FFmpeg developers.[21][22][23] The event seems related to an issue in project management.[24][25]"

This is from [24]:

"What happened to FFmpeg

This is my look on what happened but I’ll try to remain objective.

[snip]

Also since most of new things in FFmpeg were introduced despite of him (like Git transition and releases), I can’t forget one historical analogy. In German “the leader” is “der Führer”, but that word is rarely used nowadays because there was another Austrian who completely spoiled its meaning." - http://codecs.multimedia.cx/?p=339

So this is the last mail by me, regarding to this topic. It's just another Linux audio community members have fun to discredit each others and I'm not involved. I'm/was already involved in too much Linux audio community "objective" discussions with this psychopathological game, no need for me to contribute anything to this one.

Exorbitant hubris is common among many folks in this community. You can have experiences by working as engineer for one of the most famous pro-audio companies and correct them, when they are mistaken, but this only leads to vilification.

If you should have additional questions and nobody on this list should be able to answer them, consider to subscribe to