Re: Debian and UEFI and GPT

Bret Busby wrote:
>Hello.
>
>I am wondering whether the amd64 versions of Debian 6 and 7 install and
>run on a UEFI/GPT system.
>
>>From what I understand, FreeBSD does not yet install and run on a
>UEFI/GPT system, and so I assume that Debian kfreebsd also does not yet
>install and run on a UEFI/GPT system, and I am wondering whether the
>amd64 versions of Debian 6 and 7, install and run on a UEFI/GPT system.

Wheezy (Debian 7) for amd64 was the first release with native support
for UEFI. Earlier versions will recognise and support GPT
partitioning, but if you must have UEFI booting you will need version
7.

The kfreebsd ports don't (yet) have UEFI support, I'm waiting for help
/ guidance to add it on our installation media.

Support the Campaign for Audiovisual Free Expression: http://www.eff.org/cafe/