Re: postfix

On 21.10.2013 07:56, Pol Hallen wrote:
Hey all :-)

I'm sorry for banal question but I didn't find any answer to my question.

In the /etc/postfix/main.cf I see many parameters like:

smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes

but also:

smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes

So, what is the difference of smtpd_parameter and smtp_parameter?
(smtpd and smtp)

Thanks for help

Pol

The smtpd_* prefixed commands are Server configurations where Postfix is operating as the server providing the service.

The smtp_* prefixed commands are Client configurations where Postfix is operation as a client talking to another server.