Re: How to format the command output like MySQL output

"Lars Noodén" <lars.nooden@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 20.10.2013 04:17, 陶治江 wrote:
>> 于 2013-10-20 0:53, Lars Noodén 写道:
>>> On 19.10.2013 19:35, 陶治江 wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> Perl would be the next step up, but if awk is not allowed then perl
>>> certainly won't be.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> /Lars
>>
>> yes, the whole system size a extremely limited, so the only possible
>way
>> is to find a suitable C lib to handle this.
>>
>> What a big task!!!!
>
>What about the PCRE library?
>
>	http://www.pcre.org/
>
>That's written in C and gives you the power of perl's regular
>expressions.

We use libpcre in some projects and it might be useful but it does not give a perl compatible regex engine. It might have up to perl 4 regex support but there might even be some missing features there too. So no, not the power of perl regex here.