Re: Blacklisting threads

Lisi Reisz wrote:
> How do I blacklist a thread?  Is it a matter of which email client one
> uses?

In addition to what other said...

Yes.  In mutt for example I don't usually delete mailing list messages
because then later days would not be able to thread properly.
Therefore I simply mark the thread as read and mentally ignore it.

  Control-R, TAB

Which means:

  Control-R - mark thread as read
  TAB - move to next unread message

I will normally see that a thread is just insane, C-r, TAB, move
along.  That way I can still decide that if I see an author that I
want to read that I could still choose to read it.  I don't normally
try to blacklist threads.  But I have thought about it! :-)

And additionally Alt-V (a.k.a. ESC v), collapse the thread, is
available too for when paging throug the index of messages.

In Gmail you are probably always seeing the thread in a collapsed
"blog-like" form all in a line.  But in mutt I normally see it as a
tree with branches and forks showing the threading.  In a huge thread
that can be many pages.  I can then Alt-v (or ESC v) and collapse the
tree to one line.

> I know how to blacklist a person via Gmail, but not how to nullfile a
> thread!

I don't personally like the Gmail interface.  It just seems like a
lowest common denominator choice to me.  And sorting by
"conversations" is an insane loss of the thread when the subject
changes!

> I use KMail 1.9.10 on Trinity 3.5.13.2.  Debian 7.2.

I can't comment here because I haven't seen KMail in more than six
years now.  I have never used it.

Bob