Re: Blacklisting threads

Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> writes:

> How do I blacklist a thread?

It depends on either your email client or your mail server
possibilities.

Some email clients provide functions for marking all articles in thread
as read. Some clients provide also a very useful instrument called
scoring. It allows to set a 'score' of any article depending on author,
subject or entity. I know these possibilities are available in Mutt and
Gnus, but most likely it is not what you are looking for.

I would recommend you to search on the Internet a documentation to
KMail. I believe it must have developed this functionality.

The second way which could be more useful for you is filtering. A lot of
email servers support an extension known as 'sieve'. It's a very
comfortable stuff for sorting mail. GMail, as I know, have its own
filtering language, which is rather similar to sieve. You could

> I know how to blacklist a person via Gmail, but not how to nullfile a
> thread!

Could I ask if it is really needed? Maybe it would be more sane to store
these articles in another folder, or set them negative score?