Printer malfunction

I tried using the command line to research bugs and report my printer
problem, but I do not have enough knowledge to interpret the terminology
used.  Below is a description of my problem.

October 19, 2013
Preface
My Lexmark printers' performance using Lenovo laptop computers 3000 N200
(i386) and z575 (amd64) degraded after the operating systems were
updated or upgraded.  The problem seems to correlate with updates in the
Common Unix Printing (CUPS) system.

Normal Functioning
First, printing with the Lenovo laptops a month ago produced no errors.
The Debian 6.0 system on the 3000 N200 supported printing from Lexmark
x544 and Lexmark E360dn.  Tray 1 and manual feed functioned properly.
Lexmark printer performance was also good using Linux mint 14 and 15
with the Lenovo z575.

Incidentally if I understand correctly Debian squeeze is using
cups-client 1.4.4-7 squeeze2  i386.deb

Problem
Linux Mint 15 was updated on the z575 around the beginning of October
2013.  Printer function suffered.  Debian on the 3000 n200 was upgraded
to Debian 7.0 and printer function degraded.  Printing would stop after
a few prints.  The only output was a line of characters at the top of
the page.  The manual tray would work intermittently depending on the
print file used.

Debian Jessie was installed on 10-15-13 a.m. and similar printer
dysfunction persists.  Cups 1.5.3-5+deb7u1 is the installed version in
Debian 7.2.

Ubuntu 13.10 replaced Debian Jessie as a second operating system on the
3000 n200 on 10-15-13 p.m.  That system uses cups-client
1.7.0~rc1-Obuntu5 i386.deb.  The Lexmark E360dn will stop printing after
the first print.  The only output is a line of characters.  Turning the
printer off will allow one more print.  This mode of only getting one
print while using Ubuntu 13.10 applies to tray 1 and the manual feed.

If this problem has already been reported, can you send me the bug
number for it?

Wayne