Nullmailer and Linux Resource Containers

Good Morning,

I've got a Wheezy box running LXC.  There are three containers running
on the host.  I discovered an issue the other day with Nullmailer.  I
had Nullmailer successfully installed and running on the host for a
few weeks.  Then, last week I installed Nullmailer inside one of the
containers and that also seemed to work fine.  However, yesterday
morning, I restarted Nullmailer on the LXC host and it failed to
start.  After a little bit of troubleshooting, I discovered that it
was failing to start because it thought Nullmailer was already
running.  But in fact, it was only running on one of the guests.  And
sure enough, once I stopped Nullmailer on the guest, I was able to
successfully start it up on the host.

So, my question is this: is this an issue with LXC?  Or with
Nullmailer?  Is this a limitation of Linux Resource Containers or
should I be able to do run daemons on both the host/guest at the same
time?

Thanks,
Bryan Walton