Re: dvd Jessie images

andrey.rybak@bilkent.edu.tr wrote:
> > http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#not-all-images
> Thanks!!
> It seems this is the best answer ))

Just to show how easy jigdo is let me show an example.

  # apt-get install jigdo-file

  $ mkdir jigdo-stuff
  $ cd jigdo-stuff
  $ jigdo-lite --noask http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/7.2.0/amd64/jigdo-dvd/debian-7.2.0-amd64-DVD-1.jigdo
  ...lots of output and some minutes of time...
  OK: Checksums match, image is good!

  $ ls -ldog debian-7.2.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso
  -rw-rw-r-- 1 3934945280 Oct 16 14:49 debian-7.2.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso

Very easy!  I did the above as I wrote this response to verify that
the process was exactly as I cut and pasted it.  (I also needed to
make a disk image for my own purposes so it was convenient to do.)

The amount of time to download the DVD will depend upon the speed of
your network connection.  It could take a while!  But that would also
be true of a full image.  Jigo caches the files in process and so may
be restarted efficiently if it is stopped and started again.

Bob