Re: dropbox alternative

Am 2013-10-16 12:13, schrieb yudi v:
I am looking for an dropbox alternative, so far  found Unison and
btsynch (not open sourced).
Are there any other open sourced alternatives.

I am not interested in server/client designs like owncloud, pud.io
[1], and various others.

It should be able to propagate latest changes to other nodes/clients,
be secure, and should be available for different platforms.

Take a look at git-annex http://git-annex.branchable.com/ It takes some time to grasp the concept but it's very powerful and can be used to mimic system like dropbox while still having fine grained control about what is actually shared.

Kind Regards,
Florian